Wednesday, November 6, 2013

On my face this week #6

It's been a little while since I've written a 'What's on my face' post, mainly because I tend to display the same kind of 'look' on a daily basis. As someone who doesn't wear any eye make up (minus a bit of mascara) it can be difficult to vary my appearance, and I tend to always end up looking the same. However a couple of new products I've purchased recently have helped to take my look from a dewy spring face to a more Autumn friendly look. 


First up is the Collection 2000 'Primed and ready' smoothing make up primer. This is a no-frills product which does exactly what it promises - provides an even base for foundation and helps to hold make up in place. I love a good primer, and as someone with a very uneven skin tone it's essential for me to help smooth out my complexion before applying any foundation. This primer has a similar texture to Benefits porefessional and provides a velvety finish without feeling greasy or heavy. I've been combining this with L'Oreals Nude Magique Eau de Teint foundation in warm ivory. The ever -lasting battle for someone with blemish prone skin is finding a foundation that provides good coverage but doesn't look cakey, and this may be the answer. The texture of this foundation is extremely thin and silky to the touch (it feels almost like water) and it blends fantastically. This foundation is designed to look natural and it certainly does this, giving a smooth and flawless finish even on those problem areas. I've been finishing my base with the Seventeen 18 hour stay time concealer, which is very similar to the Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer (which has a little review here) in it's packaging and application. I picked this up on a recent trip to Boots as i was finding the collection 2000 to be a little heavy on my autumny-dry skin and I have been really impressed with this alternatives coverage. It provides good blemish coverage but is slightly thinner than it's Collection 2000's alternative, and only needs a little buffing to look completely natural. 

(L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Tient - Warm Ivory)
Anyone who knows me well knows that blusher is my downfall. I am constantly on the look out for new blushers, and recently I have been dabbling with cream and liquid based blushers. My most recent experiment has been Benefits Posietint, which is a bright pink liquid blusher that is designed to last all day without fading. I love this blush as it provides just the right amount of colour, and highlights the apples of the cheeks without a need to add any highlighter underneath. The texture is quite thick which means a little goes a long way, and when blended the colour gives a beautiful glowing finish. 
(L - R; Benefit PosieTint, MAC Pink Plaid)

As I previously mentioned I don't wear any eye make up apart from mascara, so a good quality mascara is essential for me. To compliment my autumnal look I have been using a Dior classic (a slight splurge on my part...) the Diorshow Iconic in Noir. This mascara has a great brush, which provides great coverage in only one stroke and lasts all day without the need to reapply. It is very dark and looks dramatic, without being clumpy. It does a great job of separating lashes without skimping on the intensity of the colour or volume. A slight splurge at £23 (oops) but worth every penny. 

The autumnal colours flying around at the moment are amazing, but sometimes I find darker colours can be slightly tiresome and 'samey'. The longer, darker days tend to steer people towards browns and reds, but lighter colours can easily be incorporated into a look catered for Autumn. I've been using Mac's Pink plaid to actively prove this. This lipstick is a dark pink matte lipstick, without a trace of gloss or shine in it, making a perfect bridge between summer and winter. It compliments a less illuminated look by providing a bold colour, without being too dark. 

What are your must haves for a classic Autumn look?


Seventeen 18 hour stay time concealer - £4.50
Benefit Posietint  - £24.50
Diorshow Iconic mascara - £23
MAC Lipstick in Pink plaid - £15

No comments:

Post a Comment