Thursday, April 11, 2013

On my face this week #5

This week I've been shaking my routine up a little bit and have introduced a couple of new products that i wouldn't normally touch (shows how brave i'm getting!) into my make up bag.


The first new product (not so exciting) is a foundation that I've read so much about over the last few months. I'm always on the look out for that holy grail of foundations and i think i may have found it! No7 Stay perfect liquid foundation is the perfect consistency for my combination skin, it's not greasy or oily and blends perfectly. The main concern for me when buying foundation is the coverage. Unlike some lucky souls i need a foundation that gives medium coverage as sometimes my skin can be pretty bad. No7. covers all my of my spots without making my make up look cakey, giving me the natural finish that i strive for. When i visited the counter i was pretty overwhelmed as No7. offer a lot of colours but the assistant was extremely helpful! They were able to match my skin tone very precisely to 'Cool vanilla' and the colour is exactly what i need. For anyone looking for an everyday foundation i cannot recommend this foundation enough.

My next new product is a blusher (surprise surprise) from Sleek which is slightly different from my normal blusher choices. As someone with pale skin i tend to go for a 'English rose' look with natural skin and pink-ish cheeks, however when i spotted this colour i had to give it a whirl. The colour is called Pomegranate and is dark red with hints of rose tones. I'm always worried that wearing red tones will make me look too harsh but i was very impressed with the finish on this blush. The texture is really pigmented which means it lasts all day, and its very light on application which for the mere cost of £4.49 is a steal!

The last product I've been reaching for this week is an oldie but a goodie! Sexy Motherpucker by Soap & glory provides lip plumping action and a fantastic colour as well as a beautiful shine! The lip gloss is designed to enhance the volume of your lips and definitely makes a visible difference. I use this gloss in Candy apple which gives a very natural, nude colour, perfect for wearing alongside a dramatic cheek colour. For someone who doesn't normally touch lipgloss (like me) this is a perfect starting point!

Sleek Blush in Pomegranate - £4.49
Sexy Mothpucker in Candy apple - £9


No comments:

Post a Comment