Thursday, April 10, 2014

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] review

Every now and again a product crops up that I want to try but I'm not really sure what it does. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] was one of those products. I read a few fuzzy reviews about it, but it wasn't until a fellow beauty crazed friend Amy (see her lovely blog here) recommended it to me I decided to take the plunge and purchase. 


So what is it? The product itself is a little like a mosituriser, it can be applied twice a day and melts into the skin just as a moisturiser would. Its texture is more likened to a serum as it is quite thick and not at all greasy. However unlike a run of the mill moisturiser this product is designed to help the condition and the appearance of your skin. 

Its first promise is to help correct the appearance of unsightly marks on the skin. Under this umbrella comes blemishes, permanent marks (such as acne scars) and dark patches. When i say promise I really mean it, as the company offers your money back if you're not satisfied with the results. Personally I think the serum definitely delivers in this aspect. After using for only a few days I found my spots were less angry, my skin had a more even tone and any scarring from long gone spots seemed to be reduced. I also found it helped any redness in my skin. I've now been using for nearly a month and my skin has definitely benefited from regular use. 

Secondly this product claims to deliver a more even skintone, refining the appearance of the skin whilst also controlling any shine. I was confused at the use of the words 
correcting and refining,  as they seemed one and the same, but after using for over a month I can see more of what they mean. My skin looks (and feels) healthier, more 'glowy' and definitely less bumpy. So alongside helping obvious imperfections, it has helped to refine the look of the skin overall. In terms of helping shine, I can definitely say my t-zone looks less greasy at the end of the day and my make up is less prone to falling off.

So, a strange product. Not a mosituriser, but not a serum to target problem areas. It won't replace anything in your skincare routine, so is it just another product to plonk on your face? Personally I really like it, It's adds about 25 seconds to my skincare routine and has quick yet noticeable results. Within a few days I noticed my skin looked in much better condition, and the longer I use for the healthier my skin feels. If you're looking for something to help spot prone skin I would highly recommend purchasing this. You can thank me later...

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] - £15.50

No comments:

Post a Comment