Sunday, February 24, 2013

On my face this week #2

This week has been the long awaited half term which has allowed me a little more time in the mornings to carry out my beauty regime as well as giving me an opportunity to try out a few new products. 


The first product I've been using this week is Topshop's cream blush in Head over Heels. I picked this product up about a month ago as an impulse buy but due to the fact i have a slight blush obsession (and a collection that could give most girls a run for their money) I hadn't had a chance to use it until this week. It was well worth the wait - this product is fantastic. I was worried that this would look orange on the skin but it is a light coral that gives cheeks a really healthy glow. The creamy formula glides onto the skin and can easily be blended without the need for a brush. I am always dubious about using non-powder blushes as they don't always last the day but this lasted without me having to reapply. The look was very fresh and pretty - perfect for spring days, and at the small cost of £6 it's an absolute bargain. 

My second product that I've fallen for this week is the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. I've been trying to get my hands on this for a while but it always seems to be sold out! However my sister managed to pick some up for me on a recent trip to New York and it's very quickly become one of my favourite concealers. I am a big fan of MAC products and it's where most of my regular bases and powders come from, even so this surpasses many of the MAC products i own as it delivers in all areas. As someone who suffers from blemishes and dark circles (mainly from teaching small children!) I wear concealer on a daily basis. This means i need something that gives me coverage yet still looks natural  This product is perfect for this as it is very lightweight and almost dewy in it's appearance. It covers even the darkest of circles with it's creamy texture without becoming blotchy and has definitely made my eyes look brighter. The other impressive factor is this concealers staying power. In my experience it's lasted all day and partway into the evening without showing any signs of wear. This product definitely gets my seal of approval and I have no doubt it's going to be part of my everyday beauty routine for a long while yet. What's your favourite MAC product?




No comments:

Post a Comment