Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer skincare routine

This summer has been an extremely busy time for me. Not only have I moved into my own house (I feel like a real adult!) but I've adopted a little kitten called Megan! That doesn't mean beauty has taken a backseat, and I've been coveting a range of great products to share with you. Today I am going to talk about my summer skincare routine. Personally summer makes me lazy (or should i say lazier than usual...) and so the key for me is simplicity. 



In the morning I like to keep things super straightforward and I usually start by washing my face in the shower with my Clarisionic Mia 2 My current go to is La Roche-Posay Effaclar purifying foaming gel which i blogged about here. This is a great everyday face wash which doesn't cost the earth. It foams up well, has a great fresh feel and prevents my skin from looking shiny. 


Once I've washed my face I usually skip straight to moisturising. At the moment I am using Pepta-Bright even tone skin enhancer, which is a serum designed to enhance the appearance of skin whilst providing moisture and illumination. I love this as it also acts as a primer, blurring the appearance of imperfections and calming angry blemishes. It's a little bit pricey, but I can honestly say my first bottle lasted me about 2 months, even using religiously every day. And I've just repurchased so I must have been impressed...

The majority of my skincare goes on during the evening, when i have more time and I find putting in a little effort before bed means more sleep in the morning. 

First up is the removal of make up (personally my favourite part!) and for this I like to use a cleanser. My current love is The Body Shop's Camomile silky cleansing oil is from their new range of camomile based products. This promises to remove all traces of make up, whilst delivering soft, refreshed skin. I'm always wary of oil cleansers, as I suffer with spotty skin and this can cause a flare up. However I absolutely love this product. Not only does it remove all of my make up with only a few squirts but it doesn't leave an oily residue on my skin. It has a very subtle flowery scent and my skin feels beautifully smooth after using. Once I've used this I tend to use a cleansing solution soaked in cotton wool to get rid of any traces of dirt or make up. A great value micellar cleansing solution is Botanics All bright 3 in 1 cleansing solution. It unclogs pores and tones in one swift action leaving skin smooth and clear. 




Once my skin is make up free I like to put some extra effort into removing my eye make up. I have sensitive eyes so i tend to use something that's not too greasy or fragrance heavy. Garnier 2 in 1 express eye make up remover  is my go to product at the moment for getting rid of any trace of mascara without the need to rub.

Last in my routine is moisturising. I normally start with my La Roche-Posay Effacular Duo [+] which i reviewed here. This helps my skin to stay clear and bright and although it's an extra step in my routine it has a great impact on my face. Last but not least I use an moisturiser. I like quite a thick moisuriser and Superdrugs vitamin E intense moisture is thick without being greasy. It makes my skin feel soft and prevents me from waking up with dry or dull skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment